Insight feature of the report shows 54 story points, where as burndown report shows 35 which is correct and what we committed in the sprint. How to rectify this situation, so that we see same value at both places?
Have you put story points on sub-tasks?
Yes. Is that the reason, why I'm seeing different values? To complete stories, there are 2 teams involved and there are tasks which need to be completed to achieve whole feature which we desire.
It probably is, because you should not put sprint estimates on sub-tasks (they are not sprint items). I suspect the report is double-counting them, and if you add up the story points on just the sub-tasks, you will find they come to 19.
Hi, I noticed a similar thing. See screenshot below.
Sorry not an answer, but a comment.
Our team has completed 50% of the points (this corresponds to the sprint burndown graph, too), but the burndown in the insights shows around 60% still to do (i.e. ~40% done).
We don't estimate on subtasks, so that shouldn't interfere.
Does someone know what may be happening here?
Cheers
Hi @Alex Hoogendoorn
Have you looked at the sprint report to learn if there were either any scope changes (i.e., issues) or edits to the story points of the issues in the sprint?
I ask because I noted in the documentation (under those question mark icons) that the burndown uses what Atlassian calls the "committed" value at the start of the sprint, and the sprint progress seems to use the totals...regardless of when they were added/removed from the sprint.
Kind regards,Bill
Thanks @Bill Sheboy That's probably what happened. Still it's inconsistent showing 50% in the progress, 47 done and 47 to go, and ~60% in the graph.
Cheers,Alex
Yup, I agree. Those insights are meant to be fast and helpful, so showing disparate information no doubt may confuse customers at first glance.
Hi community,
Wondering if anyone has noticed similar:
Our sprint insights show 100% of tickets in progress, but over 50% of tickets in the current sprint have their status as "Done" and are sitting correctly in the "Done" swimlane - so we essentially completely disregard Jira insights but it would be useful to have it showing correct information.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Jack
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.