Hello everyoneIn my company we will need to populate some fields automatically from the value contained in a field that can be a label or a dropdown.For example if the field "customer" is "X" then the field "is active" is "YES"I know I could do this either with automation or with a Cascading field.The problem is that I have several hundred possible values for the customer field and it becomes complex to handle them by hand in an automation rule. So I was looking to see if there was a plugin that would populate the data using a supporting table or DB.Can anyone help me with this.
@Giane88
Elements Connect allows you to configure connected fields which pull data from external datasources. You can also configure dependencies between those connected fields, such as display specific information about the customer selected. For example, if your customer is tagged as "active" in your external datasource, you can easily configure that in connected fields.
You'll find a tutorial focused on CRM that will help you stir up your imagination: https://doc.elements-apps.com/elements-connect-cloud/how-to/get-customer-information-and-deals-from-hubspot-into-jira-issues
Do not hesitate to contact me if you need an app walk-through or have questions.
PS: thank you for the endorsement @Mohamed Benziane !
Hi @Giane88 ,
Maybe a bit late, but another app option could be External Data for Jira Fields. Especially the dependant field is flexible enough to realise the use case you describe, as far as I understand.
Maybe worth a look. You can contact me or the support team in case you have any questions.
Cheers,Thomas
Disclaimer: I am the product manager of the mentioned app
Hi,
You can take a look at Element Connect
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/23337/elements-connect-external-data-fields?tab=overview&hosting=cloud
Thank you all.
Currently, we do not have the information structured in a CRM, but I see the possibility of using a project as a source of information.
I will evaluate this case.
Thank you
Nice alternative Thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.