Hello!
I am taking on the role to setup our division's own Jira instance so that we can manage our projects and portfolio across teams, Jira instances (i.e. vendor, client), and departments for the division.
The division has 6 different business functional work units within the division which each team has list of projects they are working on with vendors or other department where the vendor or other departments also use their own Jira instance (... can it get more complicated than this [grind]....
Our division has a dedicated Jira/Confluence instance setup and assigned to us (a site / branch under the organization enterprise Jira subscription). We have admin access to our division's Jira instance.
The problem I am looking to solve is:
What is the best practice or how I can setup the Division dedicated Jira instance that help us with the following
- Leadership team to review and approve new projects, have transparency on resources, and track portfolio performance
- Project managers to plan, manage, and report on projects using standardized templates
- Team members can find, do, and update their work across multiple projects, whilst collaborating easily with teammates.
I have research and self trained on creating Jira issue, setup boards and using advanced roadmap, but get stuck on how to structure it correctly. Any help, advise are appreciated.
Is there a team at Atlassian that provide services to help us with the consultation, onboarding, training, etc.?