I'm working on a new project Dashboard and would like to add a Gadget that calculates Velocity, is there any interesting free Gadget or plugins that I can use/add?
Thanks
Hi @Emna Elleuch - Unfortunately no. There are two issues preventing this natively:
The only thing you can really do natively is create tasks for each of the boards you're trying to get velocity for. In the description, provide a link to the velocity report and then use the filter results gadget to expose the description. This will create a clickable link on your dashboard to each velocity report. Admittedly, it's not the most elegant, but it's the best I've come up with in environments where I don't have the luxury of marketplace apps.
Otherwise, you'll want to look into something like the Agile Velocity Chart Gadget marketplace add-on.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215768/agile-velocity-chart-gadget?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
Thanks @Mark Segall , i've tried your solution and I think it's a good idea. Now, Can we get the velocity Calculated in the Velocity Report? Something like a line/charts to show the calculated velocity?
Currently, it only shows Sprints, Commitment and completed Tasks.
Thanks again for your workaround
To confirm... When you say, "calculate velocity", are you looking for something that provides a velocity forecast? If this is the case, there are two other reports:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.