Hello,
I have a field Start date and I want to use it to develop an automation howvever, whenever I try to use it shows the error
Field 'startDate' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.
I researched and fould that the issue could be because the custom field is locked. Is there a way to unlock this field without coding?
Or if this is not the issue what could be the reason? Am I using the wrong field name? And how to find the correct name.
Or is the reason completely different.
Thanks!
Hi @Swati Malhotra
Try the field name as spelt i.e. "Start date"
There is no way to unlock the field as it is owned by a plugin (Roadmaps in this case I think). And it is unadvisable as any plugin update could reverse your change or be compromised.
It may be worth raising a ticket with the vendor (Atlassian for Roadmaps) to check if they have set a searcher for this field. That is a reason for JQL not allowing a search.
I tried using "Start date" but there is error message saying:
Error in the JQL Query: 'Start' is a reserved JQL word. You must surround it in quotation marks to use it in a query. (line 1, character 27)
Did you put it in quotes?
"Start date" >= now()
I did now and it worked :-)
Thanks a ton!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.