Afternoon/Morning,
I am new to the Community aspect, but have some work experience handling Administration duties of Atlassian for my company. I have been studying and started the road towards badges and certifications.
I came across confusion when I read about the Atlassian Certified Expert course requirements. I am planning to take the following courses in Path 1:
ACP-120 (ACP-JCA) Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator for Cloud
ACP-620 ACP-MJCP Atlassian Certified in Managing Jira Projects for Cloud
APB-CSA Confluence Space Administration Pro Skills Badge
However, as probably noticed, I run short of one more course required from any of the following:
My question is can an individual become a Atlassian Certified Expert with only Cloud, and without Jira Service Product? My company does not utilize the Data Center due to expected retirement or Jira Service per no business need at this time. The Atlassian Product Family that we use are Atlassian Confluence, Jira Software Cloud and Atlassian Access.
This is important to me, because I am one of the few "go-to" experts in my company for Atlassian and wish to be certified. However, I rather be told its not possible or they are updating to provide more cloud courses to 'even the requirement field', so I do not mess up my future education with Atlassian.
Thank you.
Hello @Sierra Valdez ,
Hope you are doing well!!
If you want to just peruse the Cloud course and certification only then the path for becoming Atlassian Certified Expert would be
ACP-JCA Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator for Cloud
ACP-MJCP Atlassian Certified in Managing Jira Projects for Cloud
For more information you can have look at the Atlassian Certified Expert : Atlassian
Hope this information is helpful!
Regards,Mayur
Hi @Sierra Valdez , thanks for your question and congrats on deciding to get certified.
I agree with you that currently, if you are only using Cloud and not Service Management, that there isn't a pathway for you to get Atlassian Certified as an expert.
My understanding is that this qualification should be for people who have achieved a level of expertise in both platforms, self-hosted and Cloud. If you aren't using self-hosted, that is fine, but it would also not make sense to have a certification to say you are an expert in both platforms if you use only Cloud. It is possible, for example, to install a local instance of a self-hosted Jira and teach yourself and using the Atlassian University to achieve the Data Center certifications. That is what I did to get the Project admin certification for Jira Data Center. It depends on your commitment to study and also the financial and time resources you have available to you, if this would be feasible.
I would encourage you anyway to get certified in Jira Cloud, as a project admin and then for the Jira Cloud platform, but at the moment, I think it wouldn't be possible for you to become a certified expert. I would say it is worth keeping an eye on the page about the Atlassian Certfied Expert because it might be the case in some near future that Atlassian create another pathway.
@Mayur Jadhav , I think there was a typo, because you stated ACP-MJCP twice, were you trying to mention another course?
Thanks.
Hello @Sierra Valdez , Yes you are correct my bad it is ACP-MJSP Atlassian Certified Jira Service Project Manager for Cloud for Jira Service Management for Cloud.
We have some exciting news to share! In January or February of 2023, there will be a new Cloud-only path to Atlassian Certified Expert that includes an Atlassian Organization Administrator certification. This means that ACE can be earned either without Jira Service Management OR without Confluence Space Administration.
@Vivek Chauhanin In addition, I am also on the verge of going on this path towards certification and this is what I found out recently.There is an "only Cloud Requirement" pathway now and a new Certification is yet to be released,This would be available later this year.ACP-AOA Atlassian Certified Organization Administrator (Coming December 2022)More details can be found here
https://university.atlassian.com/student/page/844004-atlassian-certified-master#requirements-using-data-center-and-server-certifications-8.Hope this is helpful.
@Lewis Tanguhwar
Thanks for bringing it to our attention. That was previously not stated on the page when I posted this. I am so excited for that course to come out!
Hi @Julia ! Are there any new details on the timeline for the Atlassian Organization Administrator Certification? Thanks!
Hi @Brandon Haverland , we don't have an exact release date yet. It's close though!
At this stage we're simply holding back while we check to make sure that the courses and exam are updated for changes to org admin features that are happening in real time. Would you check back with us in 2 weeks to see where we stand with a release date?
:-)
Julia
Hi @Julia
Is there any update on the Atlassian Certified Organization Administrator Certification?
Thanks
@Sierra Valdez and Atlassian community,
We are pleased to announce that the Atlassian Organization Administrator Certification Exam (which is on the path to becoming an ACE, Atlassian Certified Expert) is now officially available!
So sign up, go through the Exam Success Course (which has loads of practice questions, exam hints, and learning content), and you'll do great!
Check out this announcement: NEW CERT ALERT 🚨 Announcing Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin.
If you're new to the Admin Hub, look at the Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin learning path at Atlassian University.
Best wishes,
Joanna and the Atlassian University certification team
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.