I have an automation that auto assigns a user during a transition (to the person who triggered the event) and then looks to make sure that an attachment was added before allowing the transition. If this fails, I am @(assigned user) in the comments section of the ticket. When this is triggered, Jira doesn't know who triggered the event yet and @(nobody). Anyone know a way around this?
Hello @Joshua Cumblidge
You said you have automation to assign a user during a transition. Do you mean you have customized a workflow transition to include updating the Assignee, or do you mean you have an Automation Rule?
Can you show the details of the workflow transition or Automation Rule that is doing this work?
It's a Jira automation rule.
try this
[~accountid:{{issue.assignee.accountId}}]
There needs to be context (issue) from which Assignee can be extracted.
I get the same thing.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.