I made a custom field. I followed this tutorial: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/adding-custom-fields-1047552713.html
But I can't complete the step
It says I need to open an issue and then click the Admin button to add my custom field but there is no admin button. And I am the admin of the cloud project as I created it.
Very confused any help much appreciated.
Cheers
-Kyan
Hi @Kyan Rowse , welcome to the Atlassian Community!
When you click on the cog in the down-right corner - to the right of created/updated - are you able to spot the created custom field in the list?
Has the created custom-field been added to the view screen of this issue type in the project?
Hi @Kyan Rowse ,
welcome to the Atlassian community!
tutorial: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/adding-custom-fields-1047552713.html is related to a Data Center instance but you are on the cloud.
You need to add your new custom field to the Epic view screen in your project (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/add-a-custom-field-to-a-screen/)
Hope this helps,
Fabio
Yea I've done the screens thing already.
Are u sure that those screens are associated to your project? Is your project a team managed or company managed?
Yes, I have clicked the button to associate them with every screen type you can see here in this image.
I have also checked the context menu and it says that it should be visible on all projects.
When I click the cog it takes me to the story preset editing window which was the first thing I checked and yea it doesn't list it.
Here is the screens window in options.
Then if I click on the default screen it takes me to this window, and you can see that my custom field is there called "Assigned".
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.