I am trying to get sprint burndown chart right as it always shows less than actual hours.
Let me give some information about my scrum board first. It is a company managed Jira cloud that I am using. At the beginning of the sprint, I enter original estimates at task, story and sub-task level. Even the time is tracked at task, story and sub-task level at regular intervals. We use hours instead of story points.
I have always observed that 'Remaining values' and 'Time spent' that appear in the sprint burndown chart run slow than actuals. Even at the end of the sprint there is a big gap i.e 'Remaining values' shows a bigger amt than the actuals & 'Time spent' is less than the actual time spent. When I do an advanced issue search and search for all issues of current sprint, 'Remaining values' and 'Time spent' are accurate. But just on the sprint burndown chart it is inaccurate (less than the actuals). It appears it does not count for everything where the time is being logged.
In your experience, what could be causing this problem?