I recently switched to using Conflucence for documentation. I was using Google Docs previously.
I love Confluence, but I wish the Table of Contents feature worked more like it does on Google Docs.
I know how to add a TOC macro to a page, but I'm wondering if any of these things below are possible, or being planned for the future?
- Ability to have the TOC in a sidebar on the left, always visible. This makes it more functional, as you don't have to scroll up to the top of the page to see it while reading the document.
- The ability for the TOC to be visible in edit mode, with links changing dynamically as you edit a page. This is super helpful when trying to figure out how to best organize a large document into sections. This is the only feature I miss from Google Docs.
- Ability to click on TOC links while in edit mode to jump to a section.
Thanks!