Related: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Stuck-on-quot-Almost-done-Create-a-username-for-Bitbucket-Cloud/qaq-p/1561484My account is new, I can't get past the create a username screen. No matter what I enter in the username field, I'm getting "username already exists" when I click on Continue.Signed out of Atlassian, deleted cache in both Edge and Chrome, signed in normally, signed in via Google account, to no avail.
Hey @Carlos Alfonso Lobato Wong
G'day.
The issue you link to is a different issue from what you are experiencing.
You cannot proceed with the registration because the username you wish to use has already been used.
Currently, Bitbucket username is first come, first served, so if it's already been used, you'll have to use another username as it has been taken.
I hope this helps.
Cheers,Syahrul
Well the matter is it won't take any name so it looks like there may be something else going on
Thanks for the update.
Interestingly, I have no issue creating a Bitbucket account on my end with a random username, so I wonder if the username you tried so far has been used internally.
Could you try adding some number at the back of your username for example, "syahrul404" to see if that works? You can always change your username afterward once you create your Bitbucket account, so don't worry about it.
It worked. Thanks, I'll try to change username now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.