Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on "Almost done Create a username for Bitbucket Cloud"

Shantanu Balse December 18, 2020

Hello,

I've just created a new Bitbucket account and when when I try to log in it asks me to create a username for Bitbucket cloud. However, when I enter my username and click on continue nothing happens and it doesn't proceed. There's also no error message so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

screenshot.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2020

Hi everyone,

Our engineering team has identified what was causing this issue and a fix has been deployed. Account creation for Bitbucket Cloud should work now as expected. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.

Please feel free to reach out if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2020
Like Theodora Boudale likes this
4 votes
mlimonbd December 19, 2020

I'm also facing same issue. Tried with different browser as well as different OS but same can't go any further.

2 votes
algi jigui December 19, 2020

Apparently that "continue" button is disabled by atlassian. To re-enable it, go to developer mode in your browser and find that button tag, remove the "disabled=disabled" property

Naveen Karumanchi December 19, 2020

Thanks for sharing

Shantanu Balse December 19, 2020

Well, that worked for me. Hope someone from the Bitbucket team takes a look at this and fixes it soon.

mlimonbd December 19, 2020

Yeah, its also worked for me as well but that's messed up. They should display some kind of error or something that they are disabled new user right now or anything rather then disabled button tag.

rene rowell dela rama December 20, 2020

Already did that but it just goes back to the page.

Arshad Mohammed December 20, 2020

Yes I also tried the same but its redirecting to the same page

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2020

Hi @Shantanu Balse , @rene rowell dela rama , @Arshad Mohammed , @mlimonbd , @Naveen Karumanchi ,

Due to some issue, the continue button has been disabled! It will be available soon! I will recommend you all to wait for a few hours (a maximum of 48 hours) but I think it will be fixed in the next 24 hours!!

Currently there is a way out for this but I don't recommend doing it as it has been disabled by the Atlassian Team due to some reason,

To Enable the button, you have to go to developer mode or inspect in your browser and find for disabled and remove '"disabled = "disabled" class from the code'.
0 votes
rene rowell dela rama December 20, 2020

Same here! whats wrong with bitbucket!!

0 votes
DaveRune December 19, 2020

Same, my friend cant proceed, it doesnt matter what is typed into the username field.

Clicking "Continue" does nothing.

Chrome and Edge.

0 votes
algi jigui December 19, 2020

Same, need help asap!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events