Hello Community!
For the Simplified workflow, I see only Done but I want to different Done resolutions as shown in this attached image. Any know how to make it happen for the simplified workflow Jira cloud?
I see this post but it didn't work for me and did not give me a way to associate resolution screens: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Set-a-resolution-in-simplified-workflow/qaq-p/729614
Hello @Mai Torralba
What is your level of access to the environment?
Are you a Board Admin? Are you a Project Admin. Are you a Jira Admin?
To create additional Resolution values you have to be a Jira Admin.
To create a Transition Screen where you can select a Resolution value, you have to be a Jira Admin.
To associate a Transition Screen to a workflow transition, you have to be a Jira Admin.
@Trudy P Claspill I am a Jira Admin but are these options possible with the Simplified workflow where the columns are the workflow statuses?
There is a difference between Status and Resolution.
Status is the value you see mapped to the columns of the board.
Status values are globally grouped into three Status Categories that are color coded:
- To Do - blue
- In Progress - yellow
- Done - green
Resolution is a secondary value that qualifies a Status values that are part of the Done Status Category (the green category). Resolution is used to add further context to the Done status. For example the issue is in a Done status with a Resolution of Fixed, or a Resolution of Cancelled, or a Resolution of Duplicate. The Status is Done in all cases, and the Resolution value is different.
The Resolution value gets set when you transition an issue to a Status that is in the Done Status Category.
Are you wanting to actually have multiple Resolution values with your Done status, or do you want to have multiple Status values in the Done Status Category?
Thanks @Trudy P Claspill I'm looking to have multiple resolution values with my done status. I currently have the multiple resolutions in a shared workflow on shared projects. However, when I migrated a project to the simplified workflow and marked set resolution, I only see Done Done.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.