Hey How can i assign workflow to a particular person in the team in Company Managed Projects?
Hello @Shilpi Saxena ,
What do you mean by assign workflow to person?
It means I have set a status called "Approval of Test Cases" after In progress and I want to assign this to SME of test cases so I will drag from In progress to "Approval of Test Cases" it will be automatically assign to SME to approve it, he will get the email notification for approval, so how can I do this?
You can use the post function for this.
Can you please elaborate a bit more?
Workflows are used by issues; an issue goes through a workflow, the workflow is a representation of its life cycle.
They are not assigned to people.
I suspect what you mean is that you want to assign an issue to someone as the issue progresses through its life, for example, when an issue goes from "to do" into "in progress", you want to assign it to a developer.
The best way to do this automatically is to use a post-function in the workflow. You can edit your workflow and add a post-function that can set the assignee as needed. The most common use of this I see is "set assignee to current user", which is used in projects where people are saying "I'll get this one", moving the issue into a "in progress" state and telling everyone who has picked it up.
Okay, So its a manually process of assigning issues. I have tried, its working like the same that you told me.
Thanks a lot
Normally, yes, assignee is done manually, but you can automate it.
On Cloud, I would use an automation to do it. Go to the project, look for the settings, and find the automation. You'll want to add one that says something like:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.