In Advanved Roadmaps the default issue hierarchy level is Epic -> Story/Task -> Sub-task. There is an option to extend this issue hierarchy with custom named issues.
I am unable to figure out if there is a standard for custom hierarchy levels but I did find two variants on Atlassian sites:
#1 Odyssey -> Initiative -> Epic -> Story/Task -> Sub-task
Ref. https://wac-cdn.atlassian.com/dam/jcr:8dae2ccf-97a2-4335-95cb-2e356e83d2c2/4%20hierarchy%20levels.png?cdnVersion=520
#2 Purpose -> Vision -> Goal -> Strategy -> Initiative -> Epic -> Story/Task -> Sub-task
Ref. https://www.atlassian.com/agile/project-management/epics-stories-themes
Is there any standard for building the hierarchy above Initiative?
I really have to ask what the purpose of these levels above Initiative are.
How do they improve the planning and project management of a company?
It is per request from the organization. I guess they think they need it.
To comply, I added a Theme level above initiative.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.