I am new to Jira and would like to use Jira for Project Management and keeping our project stakeholders up to date. We are already using Jira Service Management for a service desk portal, so the transition will be easy. However, I had a few questions about licensing and who will be able to have access to a separate project under the same domain. Here is the situation:
We have a license for a domain e.g. DOMAIN.atlassian.net. We have set up our Service Desk Portal as a Project called IT Service Desk. I have created a separate Project for an IT Project for a hardware migration, let's call it Computer Project, which is currently set to Private.
- If I change the Computer Project Access to 'Limited,' will anyone with access to IT Service Desk also be able to view the Computer Project?
- Will any users who are not already in our Jira domain (which is Active Directory synced) be able to create an account and view the Computer Project or will I need to purchase licenses for them? I am referring to vendors and other stakeholders I may need to share view access to.
- Is there an admin and a customer portal for all Projects like there is for the IT Service Desk, or was that a customized setup?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Calvary