I want to compare the field named Scheduled start date with current time and prevent transition if this condition is not true. But when I put it in the workflow validator, it does not prevent going forward
Hi @Saira , I just tested it on cloud and it works correctly for me. Did you publish your updated workflow?
Can you send me a snap of what error it shows when you try to transition? It's supposed to prevent you from transitioning
I did publish my workflow
If you see Actual Start date ie is earlier than scheduled start date, this should not be allowed. I'm also setting Actual start date in post function when the user goes to In Progress. Not sure if that helps you analyze the problem
Hi @Saira , sure, the error message looks like:
But I think your configuration is wrong. Your configuration is
If I understand it correctly, you need the oposite
Let me know if it works
I will try it , but before I do, how do I add a custom error message instead of the default one? this is what I want to display
You cannot work on this issue until the scheduled start date has arrived.
Hi @Saira unfortunatelly you cannot add custom message to this validator. In this case you would need to install some App from Marketplace which has custom validator implemented (I know ScriptRunner can do it).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.