I have created 3 components. For these 3 components I have specified the "Component Lead" as the "Default Assignee" and for all 3 components I have also defined one person as the "Component Lead". See:

My question now relates to what happens when an "Issue" is created for which all 3 components are selected.
For help, I found this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/managing-components-938847187.html#Managingcomponents-default_assignee
There it says:
"If an issue has multiple components, and at least one of them uses Component Lead, then the Component Lead takes precedence over Project Lead, Project Default, and Unassigned as the Assignee. If the components have different Component Leads, the default assignee will be set to the Component Lead of the component that is first alphabetically."
Now I create an issue, select all 3 components and leave the "Assignee" field blank:

I would assume that the issue is assigned to JENS, but the issue is assigned to the TEST USER instead. See:

Can anyone help me with this? Did I do a mistake or is Jira wrong? I don't see where I made a mistake (?). I have observed this behavior on several sites and don't know why.
Kind regards,
Ben