I'm configuring Jira Automation to send a Slack Message to a Private Channel. I found an article that says you need to invite "@Jira" to the private slack channel, but then discovered this is for integrating Slack with Jira Cloud. We are still on server.This article mentions you can send messages to private channels, but lacks the details that I need.https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/use-automation-with-slack-993924688.html
I've been able to send the messages to a public channel and an individual, but I keep getting "Channel Not Found" errors when I use the private channel.
Hi @mbenes
Is it possible to use automation for that in your case ?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation070/how-to-use-slack-messages-with-automation-for-jira-1014664546.html
Regards
Yes, this is what I am doing, but I'm unable to get it to work with a private channel. I'll update my description to make it more clear.
Hum I just tryed with slack free tier and it works with a private slack channel.
What is the response in the audit log of the automation rule ?
Did you let Channel or user empty as the info is provided in the webhook url you configured as integration on slack side.
The error I'm getting in the error log is:
Error from Slack [404]: channel_not_found
If I change it to a public channel, it works. So, I assumed it's a problem with the private channel.
I'm not sure what the last question means?
I'm having the same problem.My next step will be to ask the admin who created the slack webhook (to Slack, an "app") to add it to the private channel concerned
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.