I've done work using all these methods, but I am looking to see what everyone feels is a best practice.
Scenario:
- Customer submits an intake in JSM project
- Ops team triages and determines they will do the work
- The Business Area (high level team) has more than one dev team who have to do work for each intake
Questions:
- Do they create ONE linked issue in JSM to the dev team (first team needing to do work) Jira Software project THEN expect that first team to reassign/move that single issue to the next dev team project?
- Do they create multiple linked issues - one per dev team - from JSM to Jira Software so each dev team has their own issue?
I am thinking the second option as dev teams here need to know about incoming work with as much advanced notice as possible. The dev team can take that linked issue and break it into Sub-Tasks as they need. I'd love to know how everyone does this. Thanks