Hello,
This question is about the "Version Report" in Greenhopper...
My goal in using the Version Report is to produce a report that looks similar to this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/download/attachments/323390967/gh_6-1-6_version-report.png?version=1&modificationDate=1365382810268&api=v2 (source: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Viewing+the+Version+Report).
Up until recently the Version Report in our project is blank because the Sprint Team has not been using the "Fix Version" field on their Stories.
Recently I went in and updated the Fix Version value on all of the Stories our Sprint Team has completed, and on the Stories that are currently being worked-on in their current Sprint. I did this by going to the Sprint Report for each Sprint, opening the list of completed issues in Issue Navigator, and bulk editing those issues to apply the appropriate Fix Version to each issue.
The problem I'm running into our Version Report now looks like this: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/gZJBXkFECr___b8BkYfhsy7Co6soxMhSDgd1l8eKxLY.
As you can see, the X-Axis of our Version Report is in hours:minutes. The X-Axis values of the points on the Version Report are the days/times that I did the bulk edits to assign the appropriate Fix Version values, rather than the days/times that each Story was actually marked "Complete" by the developer or Sprint Team leader.
This seems like a bug in Greenhopper because it doesn't make sense to use an X-Axis value equal to the day/time that the Fix Version value was applied to the Story. Instead it should use an X-Axis value equal to the day/time that the Story was marked Complete.
Am I looking at this correct? Or am I doing something wrong here?
If this is a bug, below is the bug description that I plan to file on jira.atlassian.com.
Thanks,
Curtis
--------------------
Steps to reproduce:
1) Start with a JIRA instance that has an Agile Scrum project which was used by a Sprint Team that did not use the "Fix Version" field during their first 7 Sprints
2) Use the Issue Navigator to bulk edit the Stories in Sprints 0-4 to "Fix Version" M1
3) Use the Issue Navigator to bulk edit the Stories in Sprints 5-7 to "Fix Version" M2
4) Look at the "Version Reports" for M1 and M2
Expected Results: Version Reports for M1 and M2 would show a progression of Stories being completed over time culminating in milestones M1 and M2 respectively. This would mean that the X-Axis would be the day/time that the Stories were marked as complete.
Observable Results: Version Report uses and X-Axis value equal to the day/time that Steps 2 & 3 were completed. This is an example: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/gZJBXkFECr___b8BkYfhsy7Co6soxMhSDgd1l8eKxLY. The report is not usable this way.