When creating a new context, I need to fill out the Configuration scheme label. What is this for and how is it used?
Hello @Derrick L
As per the documentation:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/add-a-context-to-a-custom-field/
"4. Enter a label and description for your new context. These are used for your reference in the administration section only and will not be shown to your end-users."
It's a name for your humans to get a handle on it.
Some of us ask for consistent naming conventions, like including the project or project groups it is intended for, or something else that briefly explains it. I personally usually go for a human short description and include the Jira issue key for the admin request that lead to me creating the new configuration scheme.
But that's entirely up to you - all I'd say is "think of the admin who is going to get asked to amend it after you've left"
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.