Hi.
Hopefully some of you really experienced and smart people can help me come up with the solution to this. I'm still fairly new and racking my brain! Hopefully I'm just missing something really simple. But any help would be most appreciated!
Situation:
Service Desk tickets are submitted and I set the custom field "Support Team" appropriate for what type of request it is. I.e. Equipment Requests go to HelpDesk team, Password Resets go to Security Team. I assign these using a hidden field on the request form to ensure that it is set and falls into their queues correctly. From there, a member of those teams becomes the official Assignee on the respective ticket.
If the request should actually go to the another team, I have a "Transfer Ticket" status that allows the agent to essentially escalate the ticket to another support group. The workflow changes the Support Team based on the selection from the agent.
In my example, if the Password Reset is not a security issue, they would transfer this ticket to HelpDesk Team. Thus, the "Support Team" field is now changed to HelpDesk Team, the Request Type becomes a HelpDesk Requests and the status is set to Transfer Ticket.
Reporting Need:
In my example, I need to "give credit" to the Security Team for putting in some time on the ticket, even though they didn't resolve it. I can't just use a Created vs. Resolved report because the ticket is no longer assigned or tagged for the Security Team. But I need to somehow report that it WAS, at some time, assigned for the Security Team so that we can see how many total tickets they have worked on.
I tried to use the JQL function for "was" and "was in"... but that only works on Status, Assignee and will not work on my custom field Support Team.
If I can get a total count of tickets that have, at any time, had the Support Team field set to Security Team, that is what I need.
Thank you so much for your help and ideas. Cheers!