I have created a custom template for adding case studies. Any one case study will have one or more components that contribute to the solution being documented — a form, JavaScript, CSS, SQL, etc. For each component, I have built a table to capture the attributes of the component — name, filename, link, dependencies, etc., and below that will be additional elements to describe the component — code snippets, screenshots, diagrams, etc. Let's call this collective group of page elements a page "block."
In my page template I'd like to avoid having 6 empty page blocks, where the user would have to delete the blocks not needed. Instead, I'd like a way to abstract the page block as its own page element that can be inserted, just as we insert page elements delivered with Confluence.
Is it possible to create my own custom page elements that show up in the menu or the / shortcut?