We are using the OnDemand solution.
I see the Text-gadget listed under "Manage add-ons", but I cannot enable it.
BR,Arne
Hello Arne,
I don't think you can enable the text gadget on the OnDemand version of JIRA. I found the documentation of this Gadget, but our website seems to be unstable.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+the+Text+Gadget
If you could take a look and see if anything is mentioned regarding this Gadget on OnDemand...
Benito Picarelli
Hi Benito,
Thanks. I've also received the same feedback from Atlassian support. The tex gadget is not available for the OnDemand solution due to security risks, since it is based on HTML. I've suggested that Atlassian create a text gadget not based on HTML but on the Confluence standard. This shoud be a very easy job to do, and it is just as safe and secure as Confluence it self. I do hope Atlassian will put this high on their list of prioritized issues, since I've seen that this type of gadget has been requested by numerous users of the OnDemand solution.
Kind Regards,Arne
Hi Benito, Is there other alternative gadget? I want just text edit & text showing gadget. No need html edittor. Now, use introduction gadget. But, it is bad to editing. BR, donghan
You can try this: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/rich-text-gadget/cloud/overview
thx for your proposal
Hello @itscreater. Did you find a solution for a text gadget for dashboards?
I'm also looking for a solution to this. I've also tried Rich Text Gadget, but it doesn't work in Wallboard mode. It throws javascript errors and it doesn't load properly.
Same here. Can't find an alternative anywhere.
Me too. Would add real value to my team/ company but just can't get it working
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.