I'd like to do the following:
But how do you assign a converted sub-task under a task?
Hi @Gavin
Assuming you're using the Edit Issue Action to change the issue type, you'll need to include the parent field as part of the edit. If you're not able to select it from the available fields, you'll want to do it via json like this:
{ "fields": { "parent": "PARENTKEY OR SMART VALUE" } }
Thanks for the response.
Unfortunately the didn't work. in the audit log I got " Error while parsing additional fields. Not valid JSON." What kinda of worked was
> edit issue
+ linked issue > is subtask of <parent>
{ "fields": { "parent": "MDM-1920" "environment": "Thanks for raising {{issue.key}}.", "labels": [ "bugfix", "blitz_test" ], "Custom Field Name": { "value": "red" } }}
Hi @Gavin - Let's take a step back on this one. I don't think this one should require JSON. Can you please share a screenshot of your rule?
So I was looking at the errors and it states "(Issue type is a sub-task but parent issue key or id not specified. (issuetype))" which was what you mentioned above but not seeing where I can put the parent ID.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.