We routinely create pages on Confluence by taking data from external sources, building HTML, and POSTing the page to .../api/content.
The pages usually have a bunch of Jira links (e.g. https://{instance}.atlassian.net/browse/{ticket}).
The issue is that the Jira links are created as plain HTML links. If the link is inserted in the page editor, it turns into a smart link (inline view):
I've been reading about macros but haven't found guidance on what we need to create the pages so that Jira links are already smart links.
Related:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Adding-macros-to-pages-createdd-through-REST-API/qaq-p/1477540
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Can-I-insert-the-History-macro-through-REST-API-call/qaq-p/1038703
The current workaround is to publish the page, then copy/paste each link over itself to trigger the macro in the editor, which is rather tedious.
Have you managed to find a solution? We are having the same problem, and I have no idea where to dig.
No, we're still hoping to find an answer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.