I am currently evaluating a trial version, and this is a key feature for the needs of our organization. Ideally, an internal question could also be moved to the external instance, just like page permissions. Is this possible? Thanks!
Oh! Yes confluence questions uses the same permissions that you are familiar with. You will have the same abilities.
I have attached the relevant feature requests.
Can you clarify what you mean by "...just like page permissions."
Permissions allow me to move pages between external and internal spaces, correct? Can something similar be done with Questions?
Ahh I see
As far as I know the only way to move pages between instances is via Copy+Paste or by running SQL jobs on the database itself. A knowledgable DBA should be able to do this but to answer your question, you cannot move pages from an instance to another via the Move function, no.
I just tried to connect two Confluences via Application Link and move a page between them but no dice. Now that I think of it, there's no way for it to resolve duplicate Space names, just as a one off issue standing in the way of that sort of functionality.
Thanks for the feedback. Let me rephrase the issue: Using a single Confluence, I would like both private and public Q&A using the Questions Add-on.
I see that I can grant Questions access to particular groups, but how do I allow some Questions to be public, while keeping others private?
I jumped the gun, that ability doesn't exist yet. Questions doesn't appear to follow Confluence's Space/Permission/Restrictions scheme abilities in any way, shape, or form and simply has the CAN USE/CAN'T USE permissioning.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.