I need to sync two jira instances but i can't install the app in the other Jira because I don't have the permissions and the owner said that is not going to install any app.I have checked following apps but they require to install the app in both sides and I can't do it:
It's there a way to sync jiras using my user that has permissions? Thanks
Hi @Sergio Andres Ayala Castillo
You will need to write a script to create the issue for the new ones and update the issue for the existing ones on the destination site.
We had a similar situation with one of the customers when I was working on similar situation and with the help of the Development team, we were able to overcome the situation by generating the script to update/sync the issues from the source site to the destination site (only with limited data and a certain number of custom fields) and we were able to sync the issues
Thanks,Pramodh
Hi @Pramodh M
Thanks for your reply.
May I ask you if it's possible to get a copy of that script? I understand if it's not possible.
In that case I will ask you if you have some kind of guidance or documentation to help me develop that script.
Thanks!
It was developed in a secure environment, so I do not have access to the Script.
The approach is to use the APIs to either create the issues or update the issues based on whether the issue is new or existing in the destination site.
While developing the script we had used the basic authentication of a service user to create/edit the issues.
Thanks for the info @Pramodh M
Hi @Sergio Andres Ayala Castillo thanks for your question. This is Umer from the Backbone Issue Sync for Jira team.The use case you've described can be perfectly served by Backbone's remote licensing option.This option allows you to sync Jira issues between two Jira instances even if you can’t install Backbone on one of them. Please follow the link above to learn more about Remote licensing, or simply book a demo so we can discuss how Backbone can help you sync Jira instances even without an installation.Regards.
This is Majid @ Exalate.
I am not sure what the exact reason is for the skepticism to install an app on the other side, but could it be security concerns? If that is the case, it might be worth knowing that Exalate can be deployed on-prem via a docker image. If the owner on the other Jira likes that option and if you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to book a customized demo and I would be happy to assist.
Thanks
Majid
@Sergio Andres Ayala Castillo hi there! Check out ZigiOps! It's a no-code tool that can help you connect and sync (and keep updated in real-time) the Jira instances. It can be customized to fit any use case and has an on-prem version. Feel free to look at it and book a demo if you want to see how it can help you.
Regards, Diana (ZigiWave)
Hi @Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Part of the problem is that they are not going to pay a licence because they have many people in their Jira (I don't know the count buy must be 100+) and they are not going to pay a licence only for me.
Well, I see the problem now!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.