Hi all,
I'm having an issue trying to grant permissions to some users within JIRA. We have two companies that have separate JIRA instances, as they're sister companies. In this particular case, members from Company A, needs JIRA access to company B's JIRA instance to a specific project. Normally, to grant a user access to JIRA, we add them to specific Active Directory group. Since the users we're trying to add, are from a separate company, we can't add them to those groups within Active Directory.
I'm trying to add the user to the following project: Projects > Systems > Infra Projects.
I went to the left hand side of that project and clicked on "Project Settings -> Permissions".
Based on reading the forums, it seems that we can grant permissions to a project, via this screen.
Example permissions that are shown are: " Administer Projects, Browse project, etc".
So, since I can't add the users to AD groups, I clicked on "actions -> Edit permissions" in the upper right hand corner.
From here I can select a project permission, ie. "Administer Projects".
A secondary window will come up stating Update "Administer Projects" permission.
Then I would select "Single User" and type in the user email address and click update.
The users now have access to see the project, but the problem that the users are facing are:
1. Unable to create new tickets because the change owner field is a 'required' entry but the user is unable to populate names for it.
2. Users are unable to change the transition of tickets to close as well.
I even tried adding users to the "Administer Projects" role, in which that role didn't grant them that access either.
What would be the correct roles to make sure these users are able to fulfill the two issues above?
The users are added to the following roles:
Browse Projects
Assignable User
Assign Issues
Close Issues
Create Issues
Edit Issues
Modify Reporter
Move Issues
Resolve Issues
Work On Issues