I want to create an automation where if a task transitions to "troubleshooting", it creates a subtask that auto-generates the summary based off the status it's transitioning from. Is this possible?
Hi @Kathryn Crow
Indeed it is feasible using SmartValues in automation rules, please take a look this documentation: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-general/
In your case, you should be able to add the smartvalue: {{issue.status.name}} into the names of the sub-tasks you are going to create.
Hopefully this answer your question.
Regards
DavidServiceRocket
yes that is doable but the tricky part is the summary to include the previous status of the trigger issue. In order to achieve that you would need to create a custom field, let's call it "Previous status". Every time a task/story transitions do you want to copy the current status into the previous status custom field. By doing this you now have the from status that you can reference in your automation rule. Does this make sense?
Hi Kathryn,
There's a good chance that is possible. Create your rule and give it a shot and we can help from there.
Hi @David Freitez , but won't that return the current "troubleshooting" status? I believe @Kathryn Crow wants the previous status which is lost post transition.
Hi @Jack Brickey
Indeed it brings the current, if @Kathryn Crow needs the previous, the smart value {{fieldChange.from}} or {{fieldChange.fromString}} can be used to retrieve it, if the trigger the rule is When Issue transitioned.
Thanks for pointing that out @Jack Brickey
Regards,David
@David Freitez I tried both {{fieldChange.from}} and {{fieldChange.fromString}} and neither of them picked it up. I am using "When Issue Transitioned", so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.