Greetings community,
long term we´be been using one e-mail adress for our clients let it for example be support@yourdomain.com. When we receive new request, support team checks the e-mail and passes it to the relevant team that is responsible for service.
We´ve moved from our old service desk to JSM. Recent days I´ve been trying to figure out how to have one central e-mail adress for multiple Service Desk projects. Below I share my use case I wish to achieve.
1) Client sends new e-mail to support@yourdomain.com. Issue is created.
2) Support team checks the request and passes it to the relevant team responsible for the service with Move issue -> relevant JSM project. Ticket gets ID for example HAPPY-1.
3) Another client sends another request and gets ticket with ID SAD-2.
4) Now when either of clients sends email to support@yourdomain.com and Jira sees HAPPY-1 or SAD-2 then it processes e-mails by adding commentary to the relevant ticket.
In short I don´t want to have special e-mail adress for every JSM project. It is desired to have one e-mail adress for outgoing and incoming support e-mails while we can cluster requests to specific JSM projects and not have everything in one project.