My team is starting to use the built-in Status functionality for pages.
Does anyone know if there's a way to view a list of pages by their current status? It would be helpful to be able to see a list of pages that need revision, or aren't yet approved.
This is the status functionality I'm referencing here:
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/add-a-status-to-your-page-or-blog/
Hi @Colin Campbell (he/him) , unfortunately status does not appear to be searchable item. Below is the only list of filter capabilities today.
BTW, I was just in a product review regarding upcoming changes to publishing Pages yesterday. Status was one topic being discussed. I will reach out to the host and refer them to the desire here.
Hey @Colin Campbell (he/him),
Unfortunately, the new content status feature still misses one or two essential things. You have no way to quickly get an overview of statuses as they are not supported by the page property report and the Confluence search. A community user already created two product suggestions you should consider voting for and watching them. 👍🏽
So honestly speaking, at the moment, there's only one known way to get more out of the statuses, and it leads you to the Atlassian Marketplace. 😅
If you want to report on content statuses and also have a way to be able to edit them from one central location (or on that page) without using the editor, I suggest having a look at our app Orderly Databases for Confluence on the Atlassian Marketplace. We recently added support for the page/content statuses to the app to have a workaround for the given limitations. I mean, page statuses are really cool, but yeah... The whole Confluence community feels like:
Like I said, I'm not aware of any other way (or app) to work with them properly at the moment. If you find something, let me know. 😁
I added a gif below to show you a snippet of a table in Orderly with linked pages and their page status and some other data added to pages. You cannot only view but also edit the data on the spot.
And yes, these are only the page statuses configured in the space the page is living in.
I'm sorry that there's not much else that you can do at the moment. 😕
Have a great start to the weekend!
Best, Max
Hey @Jack Brickey please let us know what you hear back from the host! I would love to have this available for a search option for my team; please let me know what I can do to help make sure that desire is visible to the dev team.
Hi All,
There are a you suggestions in JAC on this topic already. Here is what I think be the most relevant. You may wish to watch and vote.
CONFCLOUD-31884 - Status macro is not searchable
The status concept invented by Atlassian is rather limited at the moment. We started working on the Better Content Archiving for Confluence Cloud app before Atlassian rolled out their own status, and our status was designed with your use cases in mind.
For example, you can get a report of the contents per status per space:
...and, due to the CQL support, you can use the macros that accept a CQL query to generate flexible page lists or even build dashboards like this:
There are much more than these, like customization possibilities, the scheme concept, automation, etc.
Try if the app satisfies your needs
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.