I need to find the "Using Rank" setting in my board as seen here:
However, when I click on "Configure Board" in my project I see a totally different setting interface that does not have the Using Rank option, as seen here:
Please help.
Hello @Jordan Bergtraum
Welcome to the community.
The first image you provided is for a board for a Company Managed project. The second image you provided is for a board for a Team Managed project. It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left which type of project it is.
For a Team Managed project Ranking is always on already and you are not able to turn that off.
Can you tell us what problem you are trying to solve?
Goal: Manually sort Epics so they represent our "roadmap" level objectives in the right order.
Currently functionality: I manually re-order epics, which makes me assume I can manually sort. However, after any page reload/refresh the Epics go back to being sorted by what appears to be their ID. So all that work gets lost.
Ahhh, so how can I change my project to allow me to manually sort Epics?
Where and how exactly are you manually re-ordering your Epics?
In a Team Managed Scrum project I am able to re-order my Epics in both the Roadmap screen and the Backlog Screen (in the Epics pane) by dragging and dropping them. When I refresh the screens (either one) the ordering I set is retained.
Doesn't work from "Backlog" with Epics open or "Roadmap".
Hey @Jordan Bergtraum - Did you ever get feedback from Atlassian? Did you solve it?
I did. It required some backend fix in our instance.
Great!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.