When creating an issue using Bob Swift Jira CLI, I see no parameter that allows me to link the issue to an existing EPIC.
How can I link an issue (upon creation) to an epic in Jira CLI?
Hello @Steve Raslan
Welcome to the community.
I have not used the CLI before, but have you tried using the parent parameter to specify the Epic to which you want to add the issue?
In Cloud the Epic Link is a custom field so you can just use the "field" parameter like this:
jira --action createIssue --project TP --issueType Story --summary "Test CLI" --field "Epic Link=TP-130"
Thank you Trudy for your help. That did work. I am new to Jira so that was very helpful. TAnd thanks for your welcome.
Glad I could help.
Please mark my response as Answer Accepted to help other community members find the posts that include solutions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.