I have a new project request for our Marketing business area, and I am still in the early requirements phase. There are 2 dev teams and one ops team.
- Each dev team works completely different than the others as far as workflows, fields, how they use their current app (Monday).
- Each dev team has a completely different intake form/process.
- The ops team works as the "front end" taking all new intakes and sending them to the proper dev team board.
Caveats:
- Some issues need to be passed through ALL the dev teams and some don't
My initial thoughts:
- Give the ops team a JSM project. This will give great forms (cascading/nested forms are a requirement, and JWM doesn't cut it).
- I'm stuck at giving each dev team their own Jira Software project as one of them has a pretty standard workflow similar to some of our existing workflows BUT the other one has a completely crazy customized workflow. I don't know that I could combine the two without the custom workflow team pushing back.
- The other option if above doesn't work is put both dev teams into one Jira Software project.
Has anyone had a good experience taking multiple dev teams who work differently and moving them to a single Jira Software project?
Thanks in advance.