Been searching on that topic for HOURS but couldn't find a single suitable solution. What I am after : I need a custom HTML BUTTON or custom HTML LINK that when clicked, will open a new browser tab and follow that link.
What I have tried : Jira built-in URL Field. It works but it's just SUPER UGLY as the entire link just displays and it seems there is no way to display the link as a standard HTML <a> element. My link is a long URL string with lots of parameters so I get something like
https://api.mywebsite.com/intervention/add?id={{issue.key}}¶m1=ABCD¶m2=EFGH¶m3=JKLM¶m4=NOPQ&hash=e3b0c44298fc1c149afbf4c8996fb92427ae41e4649b934ca495991b7852b855
Which obviously is TERRIBLE in terms of user experience.
Then I found several articles saying I should create a WEB ITEM with Scriptrunner but after reading dozens of documentation pages, I found out that WEB ITEM is NOT available on Jira CLOUD (only on Server).
So is there really no way to create a SIMPLE HTML LINK or a SIMPLE HTML BUTTON to just open an external link???