For the last two hours, it can't update the workflow changes, but it won't discard them either:

I have zero tickets in the system as I am setting things up in the Team project. When I made a change, it asked about where to move tickets (though there are no existing tickets). Since then, it says it is taking a long time to update, but it does not after several refreshes. If I hit Discard, I am not seeing any relief either. I can go back and forth between the board, Project Settings, Columns and Statuses, Discard Changes, etc - nothing works to get back to an earlier good state. Without being able to Discard Changes and/or select the disabled Manage Workflow, I am effectively stuck.
I have been approved to purchase, but this is still a free project version. I have used paid versions of Jira at previous companies, but I have never run into an issue like this.
Thanks for any help on this!