Is there any way to clear the field value while cloning the issues in JIRA?
Hi Akshith,
If you use Automation for Jira to clone the issue, then, yes you can.
Hello @Akshithrekulapelli,
I am Marlene from codefortynine.
Another option would be Deep Clone for Jira.
With Deep Clone it is possible to edit the issue (also clearing field values) while cloning.
Hi John,Can you explain how can I achieve this using automation for Jira? I want to clear some field values when we clone an issue.
Sure - You can create a manual automation trigger. Then the action is Clone Issue.
There can select a field that you want to clear, and just put no value in the field.
I have created the rule but while cloning it is still copying the values I have attached the rule screenshot please let me know if I need to do any changes
HI Akshith,
Did you get any resolution for making field as null i want to delete the history after cloning the issue
Here's the process I used to clear required fields when an issue is cloned. These fields are required when a new bug is CREATED, but I've been able to clear them when a bug is CLONED. The intent is that the user will enter fresh values, however I haven't yet been able to implement a transition screen or something that enforces the user enter fresh values.
1. update Bug Field Configurations so field A and field B are Optional fields2. update Bug workflow to ensure those fields are Validated to have values upon the CREATE transition.3. build a Jira Automation rule to look for Bug created with a “clones” issue link type-- when: issue is created-- condition: issuetype = Bug AND issuelinktype in (Clones)--action: SET the Affects Versions field (leave it empty)---use ‘More options’ to set the Severity field to null. {"fields": {"customfield_10115": null }}(not sure why but it won’t clear both fields and keeps validating Severity as ‘required’ when trying to Clone unless I configure the rule this way).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.