Hi all,
I'm using JIRA as a bug database and and am assigning specific labels to our tickets, so I know when a bug has been fully crosschecked on all platforms in a certain language. I'd like to create a filter that only shows me the bugs that still need to be crosschecked in a specific language in any missing platform, but I've not found any solution yet (I'm not a JIRA expert).
For example, let's take the filter that an English tester would use. The labels used for English are the following (the other languages will use similar ones in the same bug, the difference will be in the language code at the beginning):
- ENplatformAchecked
- ENplatformBchecked
When the English tester has checked the bug in English on platform A, they add the label "ENplatformAchecked" to the bug. The same thing happens with the second label, after they have checked the same bug on platform B. Now, if a bug has both "ENplatformAchecked" and "ENplatformBchecked" among its labels, I'd like the filter not to show it, as that means that the bug has been fully crosschecked in English on both platforms and the tester does not need to check it again in that language.
However, if the bug has either one of these two labels or neither of them (but NOT both), I'd like the same filter to show it, as that means the English tester still has to check the bug in English on either platform A or B (or both).
I thought that the following filter would work, but it still shows me the bug when both labels are in:
status = "X" AND Component = "Y" AND (labels != ENplatformAchecked OR labels != ENplatformBchecked) order by created DESC
I think the issue is in the brackets or in the "OR", but I'm not entirely sure. Would you have any idea? As mentioned before, other labels will be added to the bug for the other languages, so the two labels above will not be the only ones in a bug.
Thank you for any help you can give!