We want to use JSM for our business to submit enhancement requests for IT system.
The business (NON-IT - Nonbillable users of JIRA) should be able to sign into the portal to submit their requests. In addition, our IT users should be able to submit requests on their behalf (locate them as the reporter).
QUESTIONS
- How should JIRA/JSM be configured/set up to be able to sign into our portal to be able to submit requests?
- What steps should we take if a new user needs to be the reporter that isn't in the system?
Also, we are currently using Atlassian Access so I'm not sure if that adds any complexity or not. But these non-billable users should be able to be created using their email which Atlassian Access uses to authenticate them.
Not sure where/how these should be configured
- Under the Admin section (jira/settings/products/servicedesk/customer-access) I see Customer access.
- Under the Project Settings, I see Customer Permissions
- Under the Project I see Customers
- Under User I can grant users access to the site ONLY
Thoughts?