How can we unlock the Epic Name field? It used to work perfectly and then it got locked.
I visualize it in the Story description fields https://prnt.sc/-2lmTmvGQkON
but when I go to the field modification I see that it is locked. https://prnt.sc/nNHwkdy-6iFd
This is what i see when I go to the Epic screens https://prnt.sc/FWu9lc0HoU5F
Pls help
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
It's been a locked field in Cloud for years. It's locked to prevent us from mis-configuring it.
I can't see anything wrong in the config screens you have shown us. Could you explain what you are trying to do that would make you want to unlock it?
Hi @WHISP Ltd - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
There are some major changes coming to the Epic Name field, so I would start looking for the alternative anyway. Here is some more information.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Upcoming-changes-to-epic-fields-in-company-managed-projects/ba-p/1997562
Hi there an thanks for your answer. Probably I am not asking the right waySo I used to be able to define the epic so we could sort out our tasks in the completed sprint history but not anymorehttps://prnt.sc/5dmCf755ELUq Basically the 2 tasks above have an epic defined and the one below doesn't let me see this optionThanks a lot for looking into this!
It is strange as I used to be able to assign different epics to the different tasks https://prnt.sc/5dmCf755ELUq but not anymore maybe it is not the EPIC NAME but another variable I am unable to set up since some time now. Thanks for yuor involvement
What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management?
Jira software > Company managed
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.