Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and would like to get clarification on how JIRA workflow status' work.
If I add a new workflow from scratch, I start with an OPEN status and Create transition. If I double-click the OPEN status and change the name to something like RECEIVED DOC, will this change all references (in other workflows (active/inactive) of OPEN status to RECEIVED DOC? This is the behaviour I'm seeing. Can someone explain how status' are designed?
I understand there is an ID and Name associated with each status. Changing the Name will change the name of all status' with the same ID. If this is the case, I take it the best practice would be to create new status' for ALL status' in your workflow, including OPEN, if you want to change it. Then replace the OPEN status block with the new status block.
Thanks for your help!
Best Regards,
Randy