I'm having this issue. There is another question on it but it has an accepted answer that does not solve the problem. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/The-mysterious-quot-Category-quot-field-at-the-issue-level/qaq-p/2088328Problem: There is a Category field in my Issues in Business Projects but it can not be interacted with.
When creating an issue there are no options I can select. In addition any text I enter is automatically cleared when I exit the input:
In the List feature, I can sort by Category but everything is just put in one "Uncategorized" group:
In Jira settings > Issues > Custom Fields it shows the Category field but it is Locked and the "type" is Unknown. I am the highest level admin for the product and then entire Jira application and yet I can make no changes to it.
Refer to this documentation for how to add values to the Category field for your Business project.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/categorize-items-in-your-list-view/#Add-a-category
Well, I guess this works. It's very odd that you can only interact with this field in the list view interface. It feels like a bug that you can't add categories via the Issues creation/edit interface (or other places where that field shows up).
@Trudy P Claspill
I am facing the same issue, and it does indeed seem like a bug...
My problem is that even this solution doesn't work for me.
I can type in a category and I get the option "*Test* (New category)" to add a new category, but when I press Enter or click on the suggested new category , it doesn't save it, it just turns blank again. Anyone facing the same issue? Solutions?
After pressing Enter / clicking on the "new category" option, there is still no category added:
@Alexander Metlewicz
I suspect there has been an update to the functionality since I originally responded to this post. I don't believe that at that time the field displayed the "Add Category" option.
I see the same behavior as you now.
I recommend that you raise that issue directly with Atlassian Support.
https://support.atlassian.com/contact/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.