Hello! Please help me with this situation.
I have epics which contain a number of tasks with different issue types in various statuses. I am trying to create a filter that would show all the epics that are in To Do, In Progress or In Testing and all their children that are not in a Backlog status. What I need is not to have any Done epics returned, but I do need to have the Done children issues if the Epic in not in Done.
As a long story short, I am trying to get the Gantt app to show only the 'active' epics as projects and their children as tasks within each project.
The problem I am having is that I can't seem to write a filter that would bring only the children of those epics. When I add the the second condition I am getting Done tasks from Done epics, but I know the first part of the filter is working because I don't have any done epics.
The closest I got to an accurate response was with this:
project = "dev-project" AND (issuetype = Epic AND status in ("To Do", "In Progress", "In Testing")) OR project = "project-dev" AND ((issuetype in (Story, Task, Bug) AND status not in (Backlog) AND "Epic Link" is not EMPTY) AND parentIssueType = Epic AND parentStatus not in Done)
As a mention, when I remove the OR project = "project-dev" from the second part, I am getting No issues were found to match your search.
Thanks!