It seems a bug. The last table column boundary can be selected, the correct cursor appears, but dragging it does not do anything.
using the description of problem from another question
And you tried changing the table width from "Responsive" to "Fixed-width"?
Update: I was mistaken, that option is only available in Confluence Server (thank you Tomáš Petržilka). However, I checked Confluence Cloud and this entire issue should be moot anyway, because I was able to adjust the width of the last column by dragging that column's left divider.
hi, this is probably not a solution
as far as I know, it is not possible to set table to fixed width on confluence cloud version
see this answer to the fixed width question
Not an issue anyway.
I found a workaround>
in table with multiple columns where you want to resize the last col size
the size of the last column is changed without influencing the previous cols sizes..
@HonourNelson hi, thank you for suggestion
I was able to adjust the width of the last column by dragging that column's left divider.
but this approach will also change the size of the previous column, which is not intended.. therefore it does not solve the issue..
Yep. Been doing this too. This is most definitely a bug (inability to resize last column in a table) and should be fixed. That said, I don't think I can report bugs for some reason and this forum is all I've got?
This looked like a promising idea, and I gave it a shot -- but no joy.
For unknown reasons (likely an update to Confluence Cloud?), some time in the past two weeks, tables on one of our pages are now too wide -- they require sideways scrolling to read, as the column widths are wonky. I've tried multiple times to fix the widths, but to no avail.
Trying your trick above, as soon as I delete the last column, the remaining columns expand to fit the already-too-wide width of the entire table (which itself cannot be adjusted), and I'm right back where I started.
Atlassian needs to get their act together. This is embarrassingly bad usability, and embarrassingly stupid handling of table formatting.
Same here.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.