I have a business need to hand off a JSM form from one project to another.
The new JSM Forms make the UX alot simpler for our customers but I'm having trouble when I need to hand a 'form' off from one project to another.
This scenario doesn't happen often but it happens afew times a month.
- Customer fills out our new Jira Smart Form (the one with the nice UI)
- The Helpdesk team reviews the customers request BUT they determine that the request needs to be escalated to our Dev Ops team
- I've created an automation that the Helpdesk team trigger by setting the status of the request to "refered to Other team" and a separate field where they can select which project they are referring it to E.g. "Dev Ops"
- My triggers and automation work perfectly but for the life of me I cannot get the original Jira Form to migrate.
I've tried tweaking the Jira Form settings to ensure it creates a PDF (thinking that the automation could forward the PDF as an attachment) but that didn't work
I've tried creating an identical form in both projects but I think because not all of the Jira Form fields are linked not everything is being migrated
I've tried using the 3rd Party App "Backbone" and whilst that came close I still can't get it to work.
As a minimum what I need is
- Customer fills in Jira Form in project A
- Helpdesk receives form (the form is also attached to the request as a PDF)
- Helpdesk send the request to Dev Ops team (with the form from the customer as an attachment)
And before anyone asks, I've looked at all of the Jira Forms documentation and I cannot find a solution to my problem