I want to hide epics that are done from my project board.
Hello @Melissa Kaplan
Are you working with a board for a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project?
Are your Epics displayed as cards on your board, or are you talking about the Epic Panel on the Backlog screen?
If you are talking about the Epic Panel on the Backlog screen
- and you are working with a Company Managed project, then click on the pull-down arrow for that epic in the panel, and select Mark As Done. That sets a special field for the Epic called "Epic Status", which is different from the normal Status field you see in the issue details. I always set up automation in my Workflow transitions to set this field when I set the Status of the Epic to Done, and to reset it to "To Do" if I re-open the Epic.
If you are talking about the Epics Panel and working with a Team Managed project, then you just need to set the status of the Epic to Done.
If you are talking about displaying cards Epics in your Board view, then they should be getting hidden based on the Hide Completed Issues setting for your board, if the Epics themselves are getting set to done and moved to the right-most column.
Hi @Trudy P Claspill
Appreciate the quick response. I am talking about my board view. I am in a team-managed project.
I marked an epic as DONE but it is still displaying on my board.
Are you able to provide guidance?
Let me know if I need additional information.
Can you provide a screen image of what you see?
Are you working with a Scrum board or Kanban board? I'm guessing Kanban because Epics don't usually display on the board as a card when using Scrum.
Do you have the Backlog feature enabled?
If you are working with a Kanban board, then issues are automatically hidden from the Done column when they have not been updated for 2 weeks. This is, unfortunately, not configurable. As an alternative you could add a Custom Quick Filter that you could use to hide the completed Epics.
Hi see screenshot.
3 of my epics are Done but are still displaying on my board.
Can you explain how I could remove them with a filter?
Is there a way to have the filter be the view for my whole team?
@Melissa Kaplan a simple way to circumvent this is to create another status on your workflowe.g. Archived
Then hide it from the board as an Unassigned status.
You can then chose to have your "Done" Epic sitting there for a few days and then the Reporter moves it to Archived when it's appropriate to remove it from the board.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.