We are currently working on migrating our old test protocols to JIRA Zephyr and I stumbled across a problem I couldn't find a nice solution for yet.
We are developing a product that also has a webpage that users need to use.
We support multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE 11 and Safari).
The thing is that when I have a test (e.g. "Registrationprocess") that I want to test in all browsers, I don't want to make a new test for every browser, because the test is always the same, only the plaform changes (same thing with a program I want to test on different Windows versions). If I would just copy/paste the test, then I had to edit every single one of them, when something changes.
What we first thought of was just adding the test multiple times to the same cycle and then just putting the info about the browser into the executions comment (not an ideal solution, but it would at least work).
Then I came across the issue, that you can't add the same test multiple times to the same cycle (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/257866), which I kind of get, but it makes my life harder.
We also don't want to make a new cycle for every browser, because it just adds unnecessary complexity and kind of breaks the idea of a test cycle.
My question now is how I can have the same test executed in the same cycle, but with different "platforms" (or at least have a nice workaround)