The team can see the epic timeline but not the task timelines within it. It looks like this:
They do have start/due dates, and I this is the options selected for the 'View Settings':
Why is it doing this? And how can I resolve it? Thank you.
Hi @Gina Lambert - Thanks for your question!
We have recently added the functionality to schedule task-level issues in your kanban project.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/What-s-new-in-the-Roadmap-view-I-m-so-glad-you-asked/ba-p/2077594
This feature is not enabled by default, but it’s easy to turn on (if you have project permissions). Learn how to enable child-level planning for kanban teams.
If you have any other questions, let me know.
Cheers! Rathesh.
Hi, I really appreciate your help!
I went to turn the 'Child level issue scheduling', and it was already turned on. I turned it off the non again to see if that helped, but they still wont show...
Not all the tasks have start/due dates, but this one does and it still shows nothing? Have I done something incorrectly?
Hi @Gina Lambert - It looks like you are using a Scrum board/project. The ability to schedule issues under epics using dates is only available in Kanban projects.
For Scrum projects, the issues' timelines will be reflective of which sprint they are assigned to, as this follows the scrum methodology, where the issues will be delivered within the timeframe of the given sprint.
Do you have any sprints created on the backlog with sprint dates? If not, you will need to create sprints with dates, then you can assign stories/tasks to sprints on the roadmap.
More here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/schedule-work-for-scrum-teams-on-your-roadmap/
Hope this helps. Rathesh.
Hi, ahh okay. I will check the sprints and see if I can get the timelines to show. Thank you very much for your help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.